Hogan Lovells and The Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Foundation are joining forces once again to celebrate UK Black History Month, Global Diversity Awareness Month and National Inclusion Week on the 1st October 2020. This global interactive event will take place at the fifth Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Annual Lecture which made UK history in October 2016. This was for being the first of its kind in the UK focused on race diversity for Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic students with intersectionality as a key annual theme. This is their first joint virtual event which will focus on inclusion and the Black Lives Matter movement for racial equity within the workplace.
The winners of the annual scholarship programme for 2020/21 will also be announced with a special surprise to mark the Foundation’s fifth year anniversary. This is in addition to our top speakers who are leaders across different sectors and previous diverse scholarship winners who will share their success stories thus far since winning the scholarships. Our audience will be a mixture of next generation students, their parents and current leaders within the workplace, from graduate to board level.
Our top Speakers include (in speaking order)
- Dame Fiona Woolf DBE, Former Lord Mayor of London, Corporate Lawyer and Patron of The Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Foundation
- Nicholas Cheffings, Past Global Chair of Hogan Lovells and Chair of PRIME
- Darren Allaway, Managing Director at Goldman Sachs and Board Member of The Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Foundation
- Dr Miranda Brawn, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Executive and Founder of The Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Foundation
- Susan Bright, appointed on 1 July 2020 as Hogan Lovells first Global Managing Partner for Diversity & Inclusion and Responsible Business. Susan is also UK Managing Partner.
- Marianna Ferro, CEO of Flair Atelier and Board Member of The Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Foundation
- David Frederick, Founder of Marcus Bishop Associates and Board Member of The Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Foundation
- Sanjay Bhandari, Ex-Partner of EY, Chair of Kick It Out and Board Member of The Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Foundation